Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Work in progress - from the JTA curriculum

Temari from the JTA curriculum (Level 4)
stitched by Barbara B. Suess
Work in Progress

Another work in progress - I'm continuing to stitch the Level 4 (Master) temari from the JTA curriculum. Level 4 is the top one so I expect these designs to be really challenging.This one has 122 faces. So that's why I marked 42 faces this weekend! When that was complete, I used the multiple of three method to further divide to 122.

Anyway, the white stitching is done (although I now see a few corrections so I'll be ripping and restitching). These are continuous tri-wings that are interlocked at the center. Yes - you really can stitch these continuous paths on 122 centers and it all works perfectly. In other words, I got back to where I began with each path. Combine a lot (!!!) of paths and the tri-wing design is complete.

The next step is puzzling. I'm getting there - almost have it. Send me courage! Patience and persistence also required to figure out these massive designs! Well, not massive, the ball is only 32cm circumference, stitched with 3 strands of floss. Just very intricate.

☆*:.。.o(≧▽≦)o.。.:*☆*:.。.o(≧▽≦)o.。.:*☆*:.。.o(≧▽≦)o.。.:*☆

JTA Levels of Certification
Level 1 - Beginner
Level 2 - Advanced
Level 3- Instructor
Level 4 - Master