Saturday, November 5, 2011

Temari on display, Japan Center in Raleigh, NC

What a delight is was for me to work with Dana and Keiko Raymond to put together a display for the upstairs classroom at The Japan Center! I learned so much about display and creating a cohesive show. Dana challenged me to combine nine to twelve temari in hanging displays to cover four different spots on the wall. I sorted the temari into four groups and constructed a bamboo hanger by bundling five thin pieces together. Dana and Keiko help me arrange the temari for each wall and I attached them to the bamboo rods with perle cotton.


Basic Shapes (from below)



Geometry

Hana Temari
Chidori Study (from below)
Two hangers are positioned between windows.
Box of temari near the front door

Box of temari near the front door